Pre-workout supplements are big business, so it’s no surprise that there are so many options on the market. In addition to the various product types (gummies, powders, capsules, etc.), you can find various formulations using different active ingredients (caffeine, beta-alanine, creatine, and so on), and more recently, an influx of vegan options for those who wish to completely stay away from animal products.
So, we want to compare one type of product – vegan pre-workout gummies – to other pre-workout supplements that aren’t vegan, to demonstrate why we believe that vegan pre-workout gummies are the best option on today’s fitness supplement market.
What are Pre-Workout Supplements?
Before we start comparing different products to one another, we first want to go into more detail about the idea of pre-workout supplements in the more general sense. Basically, pre-workout supplements refer to any supplemental product containing various active ingredients that can improve your ability to work out more efficiently.
Years of research have proven that certain supplements can have an immediate and a cumulative benefit in terms of workout performance. Like we said, pre-workout gummies, powders, and other supplements can contain any variety of ingredients known to have a positive effect on a person’s exercise routine. Examples include caffeine, creatine, and beta-alanine, as well as nitrates and amino acids. In general, pre-workout gummies are known to contain natural active ingredients as opposed to synthetic ones.
So, what are those benefits that pre-workout gummies can offer, anyway? Well, that depends on the unique blend of ingredients, they can give you a boost in energy, while prevent muscle fatigue, enhance motivation, and helping the body grow more muscle. They’re meant to be taken shortly before exercise, so that the effects peak right when a training session begins. Anyone can take them if they lead a fitness-based lifestyle and want to maximize their ability to reach their goals.
What are “Regular” (Nonvegan) Pre-Workout Supplements?
Pre-workout supplements offer the benefits we talked about above, like the ability to improve energy, focus, motivation, and gains, and come in different product types, mainly which are the these: gummies, powder, and capsules. They’re meant to be consumed before each workout, so that the effects kick in when it’s time to exercise.
- Generally Easy to Take: Pre-workout supplements should be easy to take – and while powders can be messy, gummies and capsules are user-friendly, as you just pop one of the product into your mouth before you start exercising.
- Many Formulas to Choose from: The world of pre-workout supplements has grown a lot over the years, and you can find all kinds of blends of active ingredients shown to offer valuable benefits to fitness enthusiasts. Basically, you can really finetune your pre-workout game according to the specific supplements you know work for you.
- Lots of Flavors Available: Both gummies and powders come in various flavor options, so you can find a pre-workout product that appeals to your taste buds, giving you a whole new reason to look forward to taking your daily dose of pre-workout. Of course, gummies are considered much better-tasting because a lot of powders can have an aftertaste.
- They’re Not Vegan: Of course, the big issue with nonvegan pre-workout gummies is that, well, they’re not vegan. And, that’s not an issue if you don’t have this dietary restriction. If you are vegan, you can consume multiple animal products, however, which will conflict with your diet.
What are Vegan Pre-Workout Gummies?
Vegan pre-workout gummies are gummies that are made without any animal derivatives. The biggest culprit in nonvegan gummies is gelatin, a collagen derivative that comes from animals, and produces the gummy texture. Vegan gummies typically rely on an alternative known as pectin, which comes from fruits.
Besides that, many of the active ingredients found in pre-workout gummies can be sourced in one of two ways: from animal protein, or from plants. So, of course, vegan pre-workout gummies use plant sources for their amino acids, nitrates, etc.
- All of the Same Pros as Above: Of course, vegan pre-workout gummies can bring you all of the benefits we already discussed in the last section, under the “pros” list, because the use of vegan ingredients rather than animal-based ingredients does not diminish any of the benefits that we talked about earlier. You can get just as much value out of a plant-sourced amino acid, for instance, as an animal-based one, and the use of, say, pectin rather than gelatin does not negatively impact the quality of the gummy’s texture.
- No Prep Required: Pre-workout gummies have a distinctive advantage over powder, specifically. Powder requires prep, and gummies don’t. With powder, you have to mix it into water or a smoothie, measuring out the proper amount and trying to avoid making a mess. With gummies, you just take one out of the bottle and enjoy.
- Environmentally Friendly: You don’t have to be a strict vegan to not see the value in vegan gummies. Arguably, they’re more environmentally friendly, because they don’t rely on the livestock industry which has been noted for its negative contributions to our environment.
- May Taste Better: In some cases, plant-based pre-workout supplements have a better taste to them, as sourcing certain nutrients from animal proteins can add an unpleasant animal-like taste to a fruity gummy – not a flavor combo that we recommend.
At the end of the day, we can’t think of a single negative when it comes to vegan pre-workout gummies, as you’re not missing out on anything by choosing a vegan formula.
Vegan Pre-Workout Gummies are the Best Choice!
Pre-workout gummies offer up a dazzling array of formulas and flavors to choose from, and better yet, there are plenty of vegan options on the ever-growing and evolving market. At Bounce Nutrition, we’re proud to introduce a lineup of 100% vegan pre-workout gummies, made with effective, safe, and clean ingredients derived from plant sources.
Our gummies can give you the boost you need, all without the use of any animal-based ingredients whatsoever. Try our vegan pre-workout gummies today, and take your fitness routine to the next level.