More and more people are seeking out pre-workout gummies to enjoy a quick, tasty, and travel-friendly way to get in all of those powerful supplements aimed at improving performance – like caffeine, amino acids, beta-alanine, and so on. But, for vegans, there’s a unique problem, because so many pre-workout gummies on the market are not made with vegan ingredients.
For example, a lot of gummies in general contain gelatin, which comes from animal collagen, and gives that classic gummy texture, despite there being various vegan alternatives. To make things more complicated, certain nutrients like amino acids can be sourced from either plants or animal protein.
Now, if you’re a vegan who is looking to get into pre-workout gummies, we can help. We’re here to offer a list of the best vegan pre-workout gummies, so that you don’t need to track them down yourself.
What Makes Some Vegan Pre-Workout Gummies Superior to Others?
Basically, there are a number of variables that strongly differentiate the best vegan pre-workout gummies from the subpar. And, we want to briefly explain what those are, so you can understand how we were able to make our decision about which five are the best.
- Active Ingredients: Pre-workout gummies can contain any performance-enhancing ingredients, from holistic herbals and nootropics to synthetic stimulants. Those active ingredients matter more than anything else, since they determine how effective and safe the product is. Some active ingredients have been researched more heavily than others, and of course, there will always be fad ingredients that turn out to be a disappointment, while other ingredients, like caffeine, creatine, etc., are proven to be quite helpful during and after workout sessions.
- Inactive Ingredients: The inactive ingredients are just as important, because you want to make sure that a brand is using clean ingredients, avoiding high-glycemic sweeteners, and staying away from unnecessary fillers and bulking agents. You also want to make sure that the ingredients agree with your particular dietary needs.
- Flavor and Texture: To an extent, flavor and texture are subjective qualities, but some companies simply don’t make good-tasting gummies, or they sell gummies that have a weird consistency that’s immediately off-putting. While the effectiveness of the gummy may be great, taking the gummies just isn’t appealing.
- Potency: Finally, how potent the gummies are in terms of those active ingredients matters a lot. Pre-workout gummies can have all of the “right” ingredients, but if they aren’t in effective enough concentrations, you won’t really get results.
Top Vegan Pre-Workout Gummies You Can Currently Order Online
Now, let’s dive right into some great vegan pre-workout gummies that you can try, based on the criteria above.
#5: Skratch Labs Energy Chews
The vegan Energy Chews from Skratch Labs come in a multitude of flavors, and fans of the brand are obsessed with the taste and texture. All of the ingredients are sourced from plants, offering fantastic bioavailability.
The ratio of glucose to fructose was carefully developed to ensure the ideal absorption of energy into the body, and to also offer sustained energy levels that never peak too high or dip too low. Glucose and fructose are the key active ingredients, and even have been proven to have a notable effect on energy levels.
#4: GummiShot Energy Gummies
The Energy Gummies from GummiShot offer a 100% vegan formula that contains B vitamins, antioxidants, caffeine, and electrolytes, sourced from plants like green tea. At the same time, a plant-derived sweetener is easier on the body, for another nice benefit.
These gummies can give you a generous energy boost while helping you maintain adequate hydration levels, and thus, can give you the focus and drive you need to stay in the game as well.
#3: Hilo Caffeine-Free Pre-Workout Energy Gummies
Hilo has a pre-workout formula that isn’t just vegan, but it’s free of caffeine, which is great as more and more people are trying to avoid caffeine altogether. Instead, you’ll get a generous energy supply from vitamins B6 and B12, along with a fantastic array of herbs that can stimulate you without giving you the jitters.
You’ll also get some electrolytes in there to ensure that you maintain your hydration levels, while the formula contains no added sugar or artificial sweeteners. Basically, it’s one of the cleanest formulas on the market.
#2: CHEWZ Pre Workout Gummies
Then we have the pre-workout gummies from CHEWZ, another fantastic vegan formula, which are renowned for their clean and fresh taste. They’re also regarded as some of the easiest on the digestive tract.
The formula is 100% plant-based, offering up a balanced and effective blend of vitamins and caffeine (20mg per gummy), plus citrulline, beta-alanine, and other pre-workout favorites to get you feeling totally prepared for the gym session ahead.
Finally, we have the Vegan Pre-Workout Gummies from Bounce Nutrition, available in 3 awesome formulas:
- Shred: A Blueberry Pie flavor that contains magnesium, caffeine, theanine, ashwagandha, and tart cherry. These Pre-Workout Gummies are built to give extra energy and endurance needed for longer workouts as you burn more calories and cut fat.
- Beast Mode: A Fruit Punch flavor that contains caffeine, gingko balboa, theanine, L-carnitine, and Vitamin B12. These Pre-Workout Gummies are the strongest in our lineup, since they’re formulated to provide you with the explosive energy and strength needed to tackle intense lifting sessions, essentially maximizing your gains by increasing blood flow, enhancing muscle endurance, and boosting focus.
- Mushroom + Blend: A Black Razz flavor that contains magnesium and caffeine, as well as a blend of mushroom extracts that’re known for their apoptogenic properties: Lion’s Mane, cordyceps, and reishi mushrooms. Basically, these Pre-Workout Gummies utilize the power and benefits of Functional Mushrooms to take your workouts to the next level.
These outstanding flavorful formulas are uniquely capable of supporting you regardless of your workout style, and even contain only plant-derived ingredients that’re shown to be effective and safe to consume on a daily basis.
Grab Some Vegan Pre-Workout Gummies to Boost Your Fitness Regimen
Vegan Pre-workout gummies come in all variations, and it’s safe to say that not all of them are made with strictly vegan ingredients. Fortunately, the 5 above are, and the brands that make them are proud to declare them free of any animal derivatives.
If you’re someone who maintains a vegan lifestyle, you’ll be delighted by all of these formulas, which are effective, safe, and ready to give you what you need to reach your fitness goals at last.