While exercise fads come and go, one thing that has never gone out of style is good ol’ cardio, whether through running or taking a class in a gym that keeps your heartrate up. Cardio is loaded with benefits, and while it can be a very fun form of exercise, it’s quite demanding.
So, it’s no wonder why so many people take a pre-workout gummy prior to their cardio routine, to get that extra boost of stamina and energy. But, which pre-workout gummies are the best for cardio, specifically, given that there are so many options on the market?
What is Cardio?
Cardio, short for cardiovascular exercise, refers to any form of physical activity that increases the heart rate and promotes improved heart and lung function. It involves rhythmic, continuous movements and is often used to burn calories, improve cardiovascular health, and enhance overall fitness. To expand on that, it’s benefits include:
- Improved Heart Health: Cardio strengthens the heart and helps it more efficiently pump blood throughout the body.
- Increased Metabolism: Regular cardio can increase your metabolism, aiding in weight management and energy levels.
- Better Hormonal Profile: It can improve your hormonal balance, which contributes to an improved mood, better sleep, and other health benefits.
- Disease Prevention: Cardio reduces the risk of several diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and certain types of cancer.
- Weight Control: It helps in burning calories and is often a key component of weight loss programs.
- Improved Mental Health: Cardiovascular exercise is known to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, partly due to the release of endorphins.
- Enhanced Lung Capacity: Regular cardio can improve the efficiency and capacity of your lungs.
- Better Sleep: Engaging in regular cardio exercise can promote better sleep patterns.
- Increased Longevity: Regular cardiovascular exercise can contribute to a longer life span.
- Improved Brain Function: Cardio can enhance cognitive functions due to improved blood flow to the brain.
What Could Stop Someone From Doing Cardio?
There are various factors that might prevent someone from doing cardio exercises, as these include:
- Health/Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions such as heart problems, respiratory issues, severe asthma, or joint problems can restrict someone's ability to perform cardio exercises.
- Injuries: Injuries, especially those related to muscles, joints, or bones, i.e., sprains, fractures, pulls, or tears, can limit a person's capacity to engage in cardio activities, at least temporarily.
- Lack of Time: Busy schedules or a lack of time management can prevent someone from finding the time to do cardio.
- Lack of Motivation or Interest: Sometimes, the absence of motivation or a lack of interest in physical activities can be a barrier.
- Environmental Constraints/Factors: Poor weather conditions, unsafe neighborhoods, or lack of access to suitable places for exercise (like parks, gyms, or trails) can hinder someone from doing cardio.
- Fatigue/Burnout or Overtraining: Physical exhaustion, either from other activities or from overtraining, can reduce a person's ability or desire to engage in cardio.
- Poor Physical Fitness: A low level of physical fitness can make starting cardio exercises difficult, particularly more intense forms, due to the physical demands, like running or high-impact aerobics.
- Dietary Factors: Inadequate nutrition or dehydration can impact energy levels and performance, making cardio exercises more challenging.
- Mental Health Issues: Mental health conditions like depression or anxiety can sometimes reduce the motivation or energy levels necessary for physical activity.
- Aging: As people age, they may face more physical limitations and health issues that can restrict their ability to perform cardio exercises.
Note: Anyone facing these barriers should consult with their doctor/physician to find safe and suitable ways to incorporate cardio or other forms of exercise into their lifestyle.
What Happens if You Don’t Do Cardio?
If you don't engage in cardiovascular exercises, several things can happen to your body and overall health:
- Decreased Cardiovascular Fitness: Your heart is a muscle, and like other muscles, it needs exercise to stay strong. Without cardio, your cardiovascular endurance and efficiency can decrease, making everyday activities like climbing stairs or walking long distances more challenging.
- Weight Gain: Cardio exercises are effective at burning calories, which helps manage weight. Lack of cardio, especially if not compensated with other forms of exercise or a balanced diet, might lead to weight gain.
- Increased Risk of Chronic Diseases: Regular cardio exercise is known to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. Without it, your risk of developing these conditions can increase.
- Mental Health Impact: Cardio exercise is not only good for the body but also for the mind. It releases endorphins that help in reducing stress, anxiety, and depression. Lack of cardio might affect your mood and mental well-being.
- Reduced Metabolic Efficiency: Cardio exercise helps in boosting your metabolism. Without it, your metabolic rate may slow down, which can affect how your body uses and stores energy.
- Impact on Sleep and Energy Levels: Regular cardio can improve sleep quality and boost overall energy levels. Without it, you might experience disruptions in your sleep patterns and feel less energetic.
- Flexibility and Mobility: While cardio exercises primarily target heart health, they also help in maintaining flexibility and mobility. Without it, you may notice a decrease in your overall mobility and flexibility over time.
What Types of Cardio Exercises Could You Do Then?
Cardio exercises are key components of weight loss programs and are important for maintaining heart health and lung capacity. They can vary in intensity from light to high, depending on a person's fitness level and goals. Regular cardio exercise is known to have numerous health benefits including reducing the risk of heart disease, improving mental health, and aiding in weight management.
It's important to note, too, that the right amount and type of cardio can vary from person to person, depending on individual fitness levels, health conditions, and goals.
Common forms of cardio exercise include:
- Running and Jogging: These are perhaps the most popular forms of cardio. They can be done outdoors or on a treadmill.
- Cycling: Either outdoor cycling or stationary cycling in a gym can be a great cardio workout.
- Swimming: It's a full-body workout that is especially good for those who want a low-impact option.
- Aerobics: This includes a range of activities like step aerobics, dance aerobics, and other group fitness classes that focus on high-energy, continuous movement.
- Walking: Brisk walking is a less intense form of cardio, but very effective, especially for beginners.
- Rowing: Using a rowing machine or actual rowing on water provides a full-body cardio workout.
- Jump Rope: This is a simple yet effective workout that can be done almost anywhere.
What are Pre-Workout Gummies?
Pre-workout gummies are gummy candies infused with effective doses of certain active ingredients associated with exercise performance. The active ingredients used to deliver results can really vary depending on the company, but overall, their job is to increase energy levels, physical endurance, focus, mood, muscle support, and/or motivation. Depending on what’s in the gummies, they may even boost certain hormone levels or regulate stress to offer even more benefits.
So, what’s in a pre-workout gummy? Well, again that can differ depending on the product, but they usually contain a combination of caffeine, amino acids, and other natural ingredients like herbs and supplements that can offer more motivation, stamina, focus, and other things we look for when we’re trying to get through a grueling gym session.
Basically, every pre-workout gummy should contain a carefully balanced blend of these ingredients to give you a general increase in performance, without any side effects or jitters.
How We Picked These Top 3 Gummies
As you may have noticed, there are countless pre-workout gummies on the market these days, each with a very distinctive formula. So, how were we able to narrow it down to just a few? Well, by observing several factors that actually matter when it comes to the efficacy, safety, quality, and potency of the product, and those would be:
- Active Ingredients: Pre-workout gummies can contain any variety of ingredients that are responsible for the effects of the gummy, like those made to boost energy and those which can improve focus and mood. Some active ingredients are more “proven” and safer than others, with some being tried-and-true for decades, and others being fads that just don’t ultimately deliver.
- Potency: Pre-workout gummies can contain exceptional active ingredients, but if those ingredients aren’t actually present in high enough concentrations, you’re not going to get any kind of noticeable results.
- How They Taste/Their Texture: The bottom line is that if a gummy doesn’t taste good, you’re not going to want to keep eating it, and so even if it delivers in efficacy, it’s a letdown. The same goes for texture, since some companies make great-tasting pre-workout gummies, but the texture is just too off-putting.
- Inactive Ingredients: Inactive ingredients are also critical, with natural ingredients always being ideal. We stayed away from gummies that contain lots of fillers, artificial additives, and known allergens.
What are the Best Pre-Workout Gummies for Boosting Your Cardio Fitness?
Time to take a look at our favorite formulas specifically for cardio, so that you can get started with a new and effective routine. Again, this is all based on the criteria above, so you know you’re getting a top-quality pre-workout product all around.
Pre-Workout Gummy for Cardio #3: Bounce Nutrition Mushroom Blend Gummies
Our enticing Mushroom Blend pre-workout formula offers a unique take on pre-workout supplements. Its dreamy Black Razz flavor and succulent texture alone is worth trying, but it’s the blend of active ingredients that really impresses.
Magnesium, caffeine, lion’s mane, cordyceps, and reishi mushrooms come together to provide a carefully selected blend of adaptogens, minerals, and stimulants that improve energy, boost cognition, and lift your mood to help you get through the most demanding workouts, even on days when you’re not feeling up to it.
Pre-Workout Gummy for Cardio #2: Bounce Nutrition Best Mode Blend Gummies
Next, we have Bounce Nutrition’s Beast Mode gummies, a vegan formula with a delicious fruit punch flavor, and containing caffeine, gingko balboa, theanine, L-carnitine, and Vitamin B12, in high enough concentrations to give you powerful effects that can help you tackle your cardio regimen on a whole new level.
Designed specifically to produce a significant boost in energy, endurance, and mental stamina, you can’t go wrong with these gummies if you’re a fan of higher-intensity training.
Pre-Workout Gummy for Cardio #1: Bounce Nutrition Shred Blend Gummies
The Shred Blend vegan formula tastes just like mouthwatering blueberry pie, and even offers a phenomenal mix of natural plant derivatives known for their powerful effects that directly improve your cardio game.
L-theanine, caffeine, magnesium, ashwagandha, and tart cherry work together synergistically to give you the energy and concentration you need to get through a training session, with ashwagandha and magnesium offering the added benefits of helping the body respond better to both physical and mental stress.
Take Your Cardio Routine to the Next Level!
It's important to note that while cardio is a crucial aspect of fitness, it should be balanced with other forms of exercise like strength training and flexibility exercises for overall health and wellness. Also, it's always recommended to consult with your doctor/physician before starting any new exercise regimen, especially if there are health concerns or physical limitations.
With all that beings said, Bounce Nutrition Pre-Workout Gummies have what it takes to offer improvement in your cardio performance, with formulas that are clean and gentle on the body, while offering more focus, motivation, energy, and endurance. Check them all out today, and simply see what they can do for your cardio regimen.